Friday, July 25, 2008

The Girl With No Shadow


The Girl With No Shadow by Joanne Harris was a pretty entertaining read. It is a follow-up to Chocolat. I will admit that when I first began reading, I was somewhat confused: the story is narrated by three different characters - no way of differentiating who with each chapter until you've read some ways into it sometimes. Because I didn't read Chocolat, (I've only seen the movie) I think that I missed a few things there as well: this story is in modern day; there must have been some differences in the ending as well. Overall, I really did like the book. It was really interesting and it definately kept me turning the page. Character development was really great, but also an important key to the story. I would recommend this book, but now I think that I have to go back and read Chocolat as well!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I loved Chocolat (the movie), so I may read this, after I read Choc.