Friday, February 20, 2009

21 Memories of Our House

I can't believe that this month, 21 years ago, we moved into our house. I figured I could think of 21 memories of growing up there. Here it goes (in no particular order):
1. Digging up rocks on the farm for the retaining wall.
2. Jennifer not wanting to go to Flaming Gorge river rafting, and dad hauling her and some clothing to the car.
3. Breaking into the house when we got back from California late the night before I started eighth grade.
4. Making mud pies and other concoctions in the lower basement.
5. Falling down the stairs while riding piggy-back on dad for early morning scripture study.
6. Having to put grass clippings on the budding front lawn in freezing early morning.
7. Watching for the bus from the kitchen window.
8. Riding our bikes around the block: to 90th, up to Redwood (usually stopping a Becca's grandma's house) down to 106th, back to 13th and home. This included me, Alicia, Emily, Becca, Jenni, and JaNae.
9. Climbing onto and off of the deck like monkeys.
10. Riding our bikes up and down and up and down the street.
11. Jory and Jeff getting into a fight in the front driveway.
12. "Collecting" knobs from the knob shop.
13. Alicia tying me up in mom and dad's room and falling and hitting my head on the wall.
14. Throwing stuff at Edward's house from Bangerter's driveway.
15. Dad cutting the radio power cord with a circular saw while building the house.
16. Jory transferring and sharing bedrooms on a regular basis until Jennifer moved out and he got his own room.
17. Stepping on a mouse in the basement; Alicia and Dave catching a snake in their hobo spider trap.
18. Mormon tea bush. Need I say more?
19. Hitting a bike (or something) with my accord because I didn't know it was in first gear.
20. Building and staining the fence. Scraping and repainting the white fence in front.
21. Our dog, buddy, having been hit by a car - however I don't really remember having him before that event.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

No. 11 Jory & Jeff's fight. That was when Jeff realized he couldn't be the lead man anymore. Jory was no puppet. Thanks for taking 19 of my Family Fun Day Friday ideas. It's okay, no worries. I'll just have to dig deeper. I'd forgotten half of them anyway.