Thursday, October 8, 2009

I Can Can


So I attempted to can something. I always thought that canning was lame, but I have found that it's all the rage in my ward - so of course I have to do it! Well, I heard about something called "dilly beans" - it's a pickled bean. Since I grew about a million beans, I thought that I'd attempt these. (I also froze some, but that picture would be pretty boring.) After the (lengthy) processing, I think it's a success - only I haven't tasted them yet. But they LOOK good, right? I may also do some tomatoes, we'll see if they ripen up enough.

2 comments:

Jaimee said...

Hey Breann! I just recently found out you had a blog when I noticed you had commented on Melissa's blog. It's fun to see what you are up to. That is no fun about the GI problems you've been having!! How is everything going since your latest surgery? The canning looks fun! I've only made jams and jellies (which I love to do), I've just never taken on the veggies...yet!

Colleen said...

Way to go. See domestic things are actually quite challenging & fun. They definitely look like blue ribbon state fair material.