Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's a JUNGLE out there!




Literally, a jungle. Today, for the first time, I mowed the lawn in its entirety. It took me two hours. There are sooo many weeds. This picture doesn't do it justice. Our lawn is HUGE! (Why did we think that MORE property was better, again?) Surprisingly, the grass is quite a bit taller where there are more weeds. I think I mowed a thousand ladybugs down this morning. To the untrained eye, it may not look like the undertaking that it has been. We brought in three dump truck loads of dirt, one (or two?) loads of road base. Two rentals worth of a bobcat, one ditch witch - pipe puller, a grater, the purchase of a landscape rake, probably over a thousand feet of polypipe, hundreds of feet of funnypipe, over twenty additional sprinkler heads, over nine thousand square feet of hydroseed and lots of waterings later, we do have the semblance of a lawn! I think it'll be worth it!

No comments: