Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Reno or bust!



Jed and I drove to Reno, NV last weekend. Nine hours of fun-filled driving bliss (one way)! I had a good friend, Trista, from hygiene school who was having a wedding reception there. We had a pretty good time. Reno is a lot bigger than I had expected. We shopped, went to a movie, shopped some more, had pulled pork (from best in the west ribs winner BJ's BBQ). We hoped to catch them filming an episode of Reno 911 (is it really filmed there?) We had good intentions to maybe play the slots or something, but it never happened. We also discovered a truly great invention: the portable DVD player. We borrowed one from Jed's sister, Melissa, for the drive. Of course, we thought that it was so great that we bought one while we were there! (Sweet! Now I can take it to entertain me for my future travels to NYC next month!) Any future road trips will require movies and popcorn now!

No comments: