Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tomatoes, Anyone?




I just finished reading Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg. It was a great book! Now, I need to rewatch the movie. It also is pretty cool because Jed and I ate at the Whistle Stop Cafe in Georgia. (Of course, we had grilled cheese instead of the fried green tomatoes!)




I also reread one of my favorite books of all time: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl. This was brought on by the fact the Jed and I just watched the movie with Johnny Depp. When I first saw the movie, I thought that Willy Wonka was a bit too weird. (Although I do love Johnny Depp!) The second time around, he was still a little bit weird, but I could appreciate it. The movie follows the book really closely - (With the exception of the additional traumatic dental scenes, of course.) I think I need to reread (and PURCHASE) all of Roald Dahl's books. He is still my favorite childhood author. How can you not love his books?


1 comment:

Colleen said...

I am so impressed that you have a picture in front of the Whistle Stop Cafe & can use it!!! yeah!!