Sunday, October 12, 2008

New York, New York




Well, I spent (10?) days in New York with Alicia, Sarah, Zach, and Dave. They took me to see almost everything there is to see in the big apple. Poor Sarah had to walk everywhere while Zach got to ride in style. We went to the Museum of Natural History (I didn't see the Relic for those of you that read Preston - Child novels), we went to Central Park, Wall Street, China Town, Little Italy, the Empire State Building, 5th Avenue, 30 Rock (the greatest show ever!), Times Square, Grand Central Station, walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, and more I'm sure. While there, Alicia and I caught a live filming of the Martha Stewart Show (with very exciting surprises: see Alicia's blog) and we also made it to the Today Show, which is my favorite morning news show. That was a PACKED week and a half! I'm positive that the Vawdrey's were pretty sick of me at the end of it.

A New Yorkers life is definately different from an Idahoans: you MUST have a purse that will hold at least three gallons of milk. You MUST have an ipod (you couldn't possible ride the subway or bus without one). It is absolutely NECESSARY to wear leggings or a scarf - if you're a woman, of course. 1$ bills are a MUST of you ride the bus. Umbrellas need to be on your person at all times. You need to be able to understand multiple languages (well, at least the accents - I sat by this guy on the bus and he kept talking to me but I didn't understand a word -0 even though it was English - I THINK!
Anyway, I had a great time there thanks to my great tour guides. I would love to visit again sometime! (With all that I saw, there actually is still MORE to see. Can youbelieve it?)

1 comment:

Colleen said...

It is a very fun & much to do city. Fun to visit not to live there.